Coconut Cheesecake with Mango Sauce
- 3/4 cup (45g) shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup (90g) crushed gingernut biscuits
- 3 tablespoons (60ml) melted butter
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 315ml sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut essence
- 2 cups (315g) cubed fresh mango
- 1 teaspoon white sugar, or more to taste
Preparation:35min › Cook:55min › Extra time:1hour cooling › Ready in:2hours30min
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C. Lightly grease a 23cm springform pan.
- Combine the coconut, gingernut biscuits, and melted butter in a bowl; mix until evenly moistened. Press the base mixture into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the prepared pan.
- Bake the base in the preheated oven until browned and set, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven heat to 150 degrees C.
- Beat the softened cream cheese in mixer bowl until smooth. With beater set to medium-low, slowly pour the condensed milk into the bowl, mixing only until just blended, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the eggs, individually, allowing the first to blend into the mixture before adding the second; again, scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Pour about half of the cream cheese mix into a separate bowl. Stir the lime juice and lime zest into the portion in the new bowl; pour this over the crust in the springform pan, smoothing into an even layer.
- Stir the coconut essence through the remaining cream cheese mix; pour this mix over the lime-flavoured layer in the springfom pan, smoothing into an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top of the cheesecake springs back when gently pressed, about 45 minutes. Turn oven heat off, but leave cheesecake inside with oven door slightly ajar until the oven cools completely. Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Prepare mango coulis by pureeing the mango with sugar until smooth. If too thick, add a teaspoon of water at a time, using just enough to make pourable. Drizzle over cheesecake when plated.
yummi - 11 Mar 2011
This was an easy cheesecake to make. I think it needs more lime zest & juice and less coconut essence. I also thought the mango coulis was a bit bland and perhaps would be better if you could carmelize the mango or make a reduction of some sort versus just pureeing it with sugar and a bit of water. - 21 Dec 2010