1 / 1 Picture by: DessertsRMyLife
Mexican Chicken and Corn Chip Soup
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 1/2 cups (875ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 250g corn chips
- 1/2 cup (60g) grated cheese
- sour cream to taste
Preparation:10min › Cook:35min › Ready in:45min
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute the chicken in the oil for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cumin and mix well. Then add the stock, corn, onion, chilli powder, lemon juice and salsa. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Break up some corn chips into individual bowls and pour soup over chips. Top with the cheese and a little sour cream.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!