2 people made this
Homemade pretzels, great for parties. Depending on what you dip them in, they can be fairy wands or witches' sticks!
1 1/3 cup flour
1 Tbsp yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp honey
1 tsp salt
- Put the yeast in a small bowl with the water and honey. Stir a little, then let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Add this mixture to the flour and salt in a bowl and stir everything together. Start with a spoon, finish with your hands. The dough is ready when it's still a little crumbly and flaky.
- Put the dough on the cutting board and knead it into one big ball.
- Break off about 1 Tbsp of dough and roll it into a skinny snake. Twist the snake into shape, and put it on a lined baking tray. Do this with all the dough, making 12 pretzels.
- Bake your pretzels for 10 minutes at 165° Celsius. Let them cool and decorate or they taste great plain too.
You can decorate these any way you want.
Some people like sprinkling rock salt over before baking.
Or dipping in chocolate and adding sprinkles.
These are a great rainy afternoon activity to do with kids. My toddler loves making his own shapes then decorating them when cooked.
These look absolutely fantastic as a party centre piece! (when done as sticks and decorated with choc and sprinkles)
Write a review
Click on stars to rate