Fried rice with chicken and bacon
2 people made this
This fried rice is filling on its own or great as a side dish. Take it along to a BBQ with friends...they'll love it!
2 cups white rice
1 tbspn oil
2 tbspn milk
1/2 chicken breast
6 rashes of bacon
2 tbspn honey
2 tbspn soy sause
2 tbspn chives
Extra time:1day chilling ›
- Pour rice into large pot of boiling water. Return to boil for 12 minutes.
- Once rice is cooked, drain off water in colander.
- Spread rice onto a large tray and chill overnight. This stops the rice from sticking together. Chilling the rice is an optional step, so if you dont have time to do it, it will still taste great.
- Grease a large fry pan or wok and heat on stove. While heating the pan, whisk eggs and milk. Pour egg mixture into pan to make an omelette. Gently turn over to cook through (don't worry if it breaks).
- Place cooked omelette onto a chopping board and dice.
- Using the same fry pan, add a little more oil and heat. Add chicken, bacon, soy and honey to fry pan and fry until chicken and bacon cooked.
- Once chicken and bacon cooked, add the rice and mix together on a low heat.
- Add the chives and diced omelette and gently mix through.
Replace fresh chicken breast with bbq chicken. Replace bacon rashers with pre-packaged diced bacon or ham.
Make it healthier
Add fresh broccoli, baby corn shoots or a tin of Chinese vegetables.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate