1 person made this
Nice and easy year-round lunch or dinner that I've been making for ages. This looks best if the asparagus can fit its full length in the baking dish.
1 sheet of shortcrust pastry, frozen (thawed), or homemade
250ml (1 cup) milk
handful of basil leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano, or to taste
2 cloves garlic, diced
salt and pepper, to taste
100g grated cheese
Extra time:10min ›
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Roll out the pastry (if needed) to fit a 20/23cm pie or ceramic baking dish and blind bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Leave the oven on after you take the pastry out.
- Break off the hard, woody ends of the asparagus and if some of them are too thick, slice them in half lengthways. Parboil or lightly steam them for just a minute or two then drain.
- Mix together the eggs and milk. Mix in the basil, oregano and garlic then season with salt and pepper. Fold in half the grated cheese last.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pastry base then lay the asparagus across it all until you have one layer and can't fit any more in comfortably.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over the top and carefully place the dish in the oven. Cook for about 30 minutes until the filling has set.
- Let it sit for a few minutes before you start slicing.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate