1 person made this
More like a pikelet than a traditional blini, top these with smoked salmon and a dill dressing for a special entree or lunch.
1 tablespoon Herbie's Spices Wattleseed Roasted and Ground
3 (55g each) eggs
80ml canola oil
2 cups (250g) self raising flour
Extra time:30min resting ›
- Heat the wattleseed gently in a dry pan to release flavour.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, water and oil until well combined.
- Slowly add the wattleseed and flour to make a spoonable pikelet batter. Adjust the texture with extra milk or flour if necessary.
- Allow the mixture to rest for about half an hour to relax the flour and to soften the wattleseed grains.
- Place a teaspoon (for baby blinis) or generous tablespoon (for entrée or lunch size blinis) of the batter onto a lightly greased hot frying pan or solid cooking plate.
- Cook until small bubbles appear on the surface, then carefully flip the blini over with a spatula and cook the other side.
- Serve immediately with a little butter.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate