Extra time:1hour marinating ›
- Trim backstraps of excess fat and sprinkle with spice mix and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, halve tomatoes and sprinkle with salt, pepper and sumac, drizzle with olive oil and roast at 150ºC for 1½ hours.
- Mix herbs, olives and artichoke through quinoa or pearl barley, add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and season.
- Cook lamb on a hot BBQ or frypan for 5 minutes each side then allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide salad between plates and arrange 4 tomato halves around each plate, slice lamb and serve on top of salad with a sprinkling of sumac.
This seasoning is a mix of coriander seed, sweet paprika, sumac, sea salt, rosemary, ginger, cane sugar, black pepper, garlic, mint and allspice.