- Chop the vegetables so that they will have approximately the same cooking time. If you have mushrooms or peas, add them towards the end as they cook quickly.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and stir in the curry powder until it makes a fragrant slurry.
- Add the chopped vegetables and stir gently to coat with the curry mixture.
- Stir in the can of tomatoes or fresh chopped tomatoes, and add water if more liquid is required.
- Add salt and chillies, to taste. (There is no salt in the curry powder.)
- Bring to boiling point, cover and simmer on very low heat. Cooking time will depend on the vegetables - around 20 minutes.
Vegetable Curry Powder
This mix contains coriander seed, sweet paprika, turmeric, cumin seed, yellow & brown mustard seed, fennel seed, cassia bark, ginger, ajowan seed, green cardamom and asafetida.