1 person made this
This vegetable curry can be as hot as you wish depending on how much chilli you add but the curry powder contains no chilli at all. Serve with rice and dhal, and naan or chapati.
500g mixed vegetables of your choice
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Herbie's Spices Vegetable Curry Powder
1 tin (400g) tomatoes or 4-5 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
2 or more fresh red chillies, to taste (optional)
- Chop the vegetables so that they will have approximately the same cooking time. If you have mushrooms or peas, add them towards the end as they cook quickly.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and stir in the curry powder until it makes a fragrant slurry.
- Add the chopped vegetables and stir gently to coat with the curry mixture.
- Stir in the can of tomatoes or fresh chopped tomatoes, and add water if more liquid is required.
- Add salt and chillies, to taste. (There is no salt in the curry powder.)
- Bring to boiling point, cover and simmer on very low heat. Cooking time will depend on the vegetables - around 20 minutes.
Vegetable Curry Powder
This mix contains coriander seed, sweet paprika, turmeric, cumin seed, yellow & brown mustard seed, fennel seed, cassia bark, ginger, ajowan seed, green cardamom and asafetida.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate