Extra time:30min marinating ›
- Stir together the curry mix with the yoghurt.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry, then marinate in curry/yoghurt mix for 30 minutes.
- Gently fry one sliced onion in oil until well browned and caramelised. Set aside.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil and brown chicken well. Add remaining onion and garlic, cook for 2 minutes, then add lentils, chilli and water.
- Simmer about 40 minutes until chicken is cooked and lentils are soft.
- Remove lid and reduce a little before serving.
Yellow Curry Powder
This curry mix is mild and contains spices like turmeric , coriander seed, paprika, turmeric, cumin, fennel, ginger, cassia, chilli and cardamom.