Salt and Pepper Squid
Easy and tasty fried squid. You could save time by buying pre-prepared squid or calamari. You can use tofu instead of squid in this recipe.
1 person made this
250g fresh baby squid, cleaned
3 teaspoons Herbie's Spices Salt and Pepper Squid
2 tablespoons cornflour
vegetable oil for deep frying
- Cut the tentacles from the hoods of the squids, opening out the hoods and scoring in a diamond pattern on the inside.
- Cut the tentacles into groups of 4 and pat dry all the pieces, including hoods, dry between sheets of paper towel.
- Mix the spice mix with the cornflour in a shallow bowl.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan until very hot. To test the oil, press the end of a wooden spoon onto the base of the pan - if the oil sizzles, it's hot enough.
- Coat each piece of squid well with the flour mixture, then shake gently to remove excess.
- Deep fry until crisp and golden-brown - about 60-80 seconds.
- Drain on kitchen towel then serve while hot and crisp.
Salt and Pepper Squid Spice
This spice contains sea salt, sarawak black pepper, szechuan pepper and chilli.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 188.8.131.52