1 person made this
A classic and simple tomato-based pasta sauce with anchovies, olives, capers and chillies.Serve with penne or pasta of your choice.
4 cloves garlic
6 anchovy fillets
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 can (425g) tomatoes
1/3 cup (80ml) red wine
1 tablespoon salted capers - washed
18 black olives, chopped and seeded
1/4 cup olive oil
4 Bird's Eye Whole Chillies, or to taste
1 tablespoon Herbie's Spices Italian Herbs
1/2 teaspoon Herbie's Spices Whole Aniseed
- Crush the garlic cloves and anchovies with the brown sugar in the pestle and mortar.
- Combine the next six ingredients (from tomatoes to chillies) in a saucepan, including the garlic paste, and simmer over low heat.
- Place the Italian herbs and aniseed in the mortar and bruise lightly with the pestle, then add to the saucepan's contents.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered, until liquid has reduced and flavours have blended.
- Serve with penne or pasta of your choice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate