2 people made this
This is a delicious, dark ginger cake that is perfect with a cup of tea. It uses melted butter as well as both treacle and golden syrup.
Makes: 1 cake
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
3/4 tablespoon Herbie's Spices ground ginger
1/2 cup (90g) raw sugar
175g golden syrup
1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (170 fan-forced) and butter a loaf tin or flat tin approximately 20cm x 30cm.
- Sift the flour and spices into a large bowl.
- Melt sugar, butter, treacle and golden syrup until sugar is dissolved.
- Beat egg white with milk for 1 minute, then combine all ingredients to make a smooth batter. Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked. Cool on a rack.
Keep airtight once completely cooled.This cake freezes well.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate