1 person made this
Marinated chicken is fried then baked with rice in this complete and delicious meal in one dish. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
1 tablespoon Herbie's Spices Tea and Coffee "Chai" Masala
1 tablespoon Herbie's Spices Rogan Josh Curry Blend (or Korma Curry)
1 teaspoon each garlic puree, grated ginger and Herbie's Spices Sea Salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 kg chicken thighs
For the rice
12 Herbie's Spices Kashmiri Whole Stigma Saffron
2 tablespoons warm milk
2 cups basmati rice, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon currants
2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
1 tablespoon ghee or vegetable oil
1 large onion, sliced and sautéed until well browned
Extra time:2hours marinating ›
- Mix together the yoghurt, tea and coffee masala, curry powder, garlic, ginger salt and oil, and marinate chicken thighs in it for 2 hours or overnight .
- When ready to start, soak saffron in warm milk and preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Parboil rice in 2 cups boiling water for 6 minutes, drain, then mix currants and nuts through. Spoon half the rice mix into a well-oiled casserole dish.
- Brown marinated chicken pieces in ghee until nicely coloured and place in the casserole dish over the rice. Deglaze the pan with 1/4 cup water and pour over chicken.
- Spread onion slices over, then cover with remaining rice, pressing down gently with the back of a spoon. Drizzle saffron and milk over rice.
- Cover tightly and bake for 40 minutes.
Garnish with fresh coriander or mint. If no chilli heat is desired, use Herbie's Spices Curry Powder Mild for the marinade.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate