1 / 1 Picture by: Captain Ironspine
Zucchini, Chocolate and Rum Cake
- 175g butter, softened
- 2 cups (440g) white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup (80ml) rum
- 2 1/2 cups (310g) plain flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (60g) cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (65ml) milk
- Rum Glaze
- 1 2/3 cups (185g) icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons rum
Preparation:30min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour30min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 25cm ring tin.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time mixing well with each addition. Stir in zucchini and 1/3 cup rum.
- In a separate bowl mix flour with nuts, chocolate, cocoa, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir flour mixture and milk into egg mixture until well blended.
- Spread batter into ring tin. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in tin for 15 minutes then invert onto wire rack and cool completely. Drizzle with rum glaze.
- Rum Glaze: In a medium bowl combine icing sugar with 3 tablespoons rum. Mix until smooth. Spread on the cake.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!