1 / 1 Picture by: MANATEE
Easy Sticky Date Pudding
- 1 3/4 cups dates, pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) boiling water to cover
- 85g butter
- 3/4 cup (90g) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (125g) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup (125g) packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (165ml) evaporated milk
- 75g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Preparation:15min › Cook:40min › Extra time:55min › Ready in:1hour50min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a small bowl combine the dates and bicarbonate of soda. Pour enough boiling water over the dates to just cover them.
- Cream the butter with the white sugar until light. Beat in the eggs and mix well to combine.
- Add the flour and date mixture (including water) to the egg mixture and fold to combine. Pour the batter into one 20cm round cake tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool. Slice and serve with warm caramel sauce.
- To Make Caramel Sauce: In a small saucepan combine the brown sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla and butter. Cook over medium heat and bring to boil. Turn heat down and simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Use immediately.
Great Pudding .Easy to make . I changed the pan to a Bundt pan to give it a pattern . Tasted awesome and have enough for the week . Thanks for sharing - 27 Jul 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!