1 / 1 Picture by: SunnyByrd
Marinated Roast Vegetables
- 8 zucchini, peeled and diced
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced
- 8 carrots, diced
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peal (zest)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation:20min › Cook:1hour20min › Extra time:2hours marinating › Ready in:3hours40min
- In a large bowl mix the zucchini, carrots, eggplant, tomatoes, onions and capsicum with the oil, rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, oregano, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours and preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- On a large roasting tray roast the vegetables uncovered for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes have split and the edges of some of the vegetables are starting to crisp.
- Remove from the oven and stir before returning to the oven for another 20 minutes. At this time reduce heat to 95 degrees C and continue cooking until vegetables are tender; turning every 20 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!