1 / 1 Picture by:
Green Mango Chutney
- 4 cups green (under ripe) mangoes - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup red chillies, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 cup (250ml) cider vinegar
Preparation:30min › Cook:35min › Ready in:1hour5min
- Place the mango, sultanas, chillies, garlic, ginger, lemon zest, black pepper, golden syrup, cinnamon and cloves into a large saucepan.
- Pour in the water and vinegar. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until a jam-like consistency is attained; about 30 minutes.
- Stir frequently while cooking. Once thickened, cool and store in the refrigerator. The chutney may also be frozen.
Really nice recipe. Great after being in the fridge for a couple of days. Yummo - 04 Jan 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!