Chicken Coriander Tikka
- half a bunch fresh coriander
- 10 mint leaves
- 2cm piece fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 green chilli, seeded
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, diced
Preparation:5min › Cook:20min › Extra time:5min › Ready in:30min
- In a food processor blend the coriander, mint, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, chilli and salt. Place the chicken in a large bowl, add the spicy mixture and toss to coat. Cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the grill. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish and grill 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Used different ingredients. I had to make a few changes to this recipe out of necessity (I couldn't get to the store) and out of my tendency toward experimentation but the results were great! I didn't have garlic ginger paste or green chilli paste so I put four cloves of garlic and a fat piece of peeled, sliced ginger and half a small can of chopped green chillis in my mini food processor. I also put the coriander and mint in there. I processed the mixture into a paste and tumped it into a large plastic bag. I then added to the mixture juice from half a lime and 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Put the chicken chunks in there and marinated for two hours. I broiled the chicken for 5 or 6 minutes per side and served it with buttered jasmine rice with green peas. It was awesome! Even my somewhat picky husband loved it. Thanks for the recipe. - 29 Sep 2008
great recipe, the chicken was wonderful. We cooked it on the barbecue and my husband said that it was the best chicken he had ever had. The only change I made to the recipe was to add a tablespoon of ground cumin. - 29 Sep 2008
This was very moist and flavourful.I used thighs instead of breast meat and blended all the ingredients in a food processor. It took me about 15-18 mins to broil in the oven. - 29 Sep 2008