1 / 1 Picture by: rainydaywoman43
Ricotta and Almond Pie
- 1 cup (215g) sweet biscuit crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (250g) honey
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, cut into very thin slices
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon shelled pumpkin seeds
Preparation:30min › Cook:1hour30min › Extra time:2hours chilling › Ready in:4hours
- In a small mixing bowl combine biscuit crumbs, butter and honey then mix well. Place in a 22cm springform pan and spread evenly across the bottom. Refrigerate 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 163 degrees C.
- In a large electric mixing bowl combine ricotta and eggs (mix in one at a time until incorporated). Add tablespoon of honey, vanilla and flour. Mix until smooth. Fold in lemon peel and almonds. Pour mixture into chilled shell and scatter pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until just firm and lightly coloured on top. Turn oven off; open door and leave pie inside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight before serving.
Good point! We've reviewed this recipe title to remove the rice, thanks! - 24 Sep 2012
Where did the rice go? - 19 Sep 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!