Baked Ricotta Cheesecake
Serves : 8
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 500g ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups (375g) white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 125g butter, melted and cooled
- 500g sour cream
Preparation:15min › Cook:2hours › Ready in:2hours15min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease a springform pan.
- Mix the cream cheese and ricotta together in a mixing bowl until well combined. Stir in the sugar, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, cornflour, flour and butter. Add the sour cream last and stir. Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven 1 hour; turn oven off and leave in oven 1 hour more. Allow to cool completely in refrigerator before serving.
Excellent flavour and texture, easy to make, i followed the recipe exactly, but twice had it collapse in the centre. Nevertheless it was uniform consistency throughout when cooled, so it must have trapped air, how do I avoid this I wonder. I would take a really delicious cheesecake, from four stars to five, if I could make it more presentable in appearance - 16 Oct 2010
I put cheesecake in oven and after it cooked for one hour had to go out and it was left it in the oven for two hours and was light brown on the outside.....I served it with raspberry coulis and was told it was the best dessert I had made. Very easy recipe and am making it for Christmas Lunch for us non pudding eaters and this time not leaving in the oven so long........ - 23 Dec 2012