1 / 1 Picture by: Scotdog
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 cups tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Preparation:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Stir together the chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, brown sugar, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, garam masala, black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt in a mixing bowl. Spread the chickpea mixture in a single layer on the prepared baking tray.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the chickpeas are dark brown in spots, crisp, and have shrunk quite a bit, 25 to 30 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Tastes really yummy, although I was surprised that the chick peas were still soft in the middle... - 15 Jul 2012
fantastic - 27 Jun 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!