1 / 1 Picture by: Baker Beth
Carole's Hummingbird Cake
- 3 cups (370g) plain flour
- 2 cups (450g) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 250g crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup (125g) chopped walnuts
- 2 cups diced bananas
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups (620g) icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Preparation:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Do NOT use mixer. Combine flour, white sugar, salt, bicarb soda and cinnamon. Add eggs and oil stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, pineapple, nuts and bananas.
- Pour into 3 23cm greased cake tins. Bake at 180 degrees C for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- To Make Cream Cheese icing: Combine cream cheese and butter. Cream until smooth. Add icing sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Ice cooled cake.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!