1 / 1 Picture by:
BBQ Prawns with Garlic-Chilli Sauce
Serves : 4
- 500g prawns
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced lemon grass
- 5 fresh Thai chillies, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, or to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Thai chilli paste (nam prik pao)
- 1 tablespoon torn fresh mint leaves
Preparation:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat a barbecue for medium heat; lightly oil the grate.
- Cook the prawns on the hot barbecue until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, 5 to 10 minutes. Arrange the prawns on a serving platter.
- Heat the oil in a frypan over medium heat. Fry the garlic in the hot oil until brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir the lemon grass, chillies, onion, lime leaves, fish sauce, lime juice and chilli paste into the garlic; toss to combine. Spoon the sauce over the prawns. Garnish with the mint to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!