1 / 1 Picture by: MySensei
BBQ Macadamia Tuna with Pawpaw Salsa
- 2 cups diced pawpaw
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli paste, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 (170g) tuna steaks
- 1/4 cup (65ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped macadamia nuts
Preparation:45min › Cook:10min › Ready in:55min
- Combine the pawpaw, onion and red capsicum in a bowl. Add the coriander, lime juice, garlic and chilli paste. Toss to combine, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat a barbecue for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Brush the tuna steaks with olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl until smooth. Dip the tuna steaks in the egg and allow excess egg to run off. Press into the macadamia nuts.
- Cook the tuna steaks on the preheated barbecue to your desired degree of doneness. Serve with the pawpaw salsa.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!