1 / 1 Picture by: sodgers
Green Capsicums stuffed with Tomato Couscous
Serves : 6
- 5 green capsicums
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (450g) jar chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (130g) packet tomato couscous mix
- 230g grated cheddar cheese
Preparation:25min › Cook:20min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Cut capsicums in half, place them in a 20x30cm baking dish and set aside. In a large frypan over medium heat, saute the beef mince for 5 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups chopped onion, chopped green capsicum and garlic. Reduce heat to low, add pasta sauce and let simmer while preparing the couscous.
- Prepare couscous according to packet directions, but add the remaining onion to the water before adding the couscous. When couscous is done, combine it with the sauce. Fill capsicums with the mixture. Top each with grated cheese.
- Bake at 190 degrees C for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and slightly brown on top.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!