1 / 1 Picture by: Delishessss
German Cinnamon Apple Cake
Serves : 24
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (440g) white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 4 cups apples - peeled, cored and diced
Preparation:20min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hour5min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour one 20x30cm cake tin.
- In a mixing bowl; beat oil and eggs with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat well.
- Combine the flour, salt, bicarb soda and ground cinnamon together in a bowl. Slowly add this mixture to the egg mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick. Fold in the apples by hand using a wooden spoon. Spread batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cake cool on a wire rack. Once cake is cool serve with a dusting of icing sugar or with a cream cheese icing.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!