Couscous, Capsicum and Chicken Salad
Serves : 6
- 1 cup (175g) couscous
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, diced
- 4 spring onions, diced
- 30g pitted black olives
Preparation:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Prepare couscous according to package directions using chicken stock for liquid. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan combine the wine, oil, half the lime juice, 1 teaspoon of the cumin and garlic. Mix all together and add chicken. Simmer over low heat until all liquid has evaporated and chicken juices run clear; 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove chicken and put in a bowl with remaining lime juice and cumin, capsicums, spring onion and couscous. Garnish with black olives.
Took shortcuts. Very good quick recipe! It ended up being even quicker,since I used 4 leftover chicken breasts.I also added some lightly steamed broccoli and made a dressing of 1 1/2 Tbs lime juice,about 6 Tbs orange juice, 2 cloves garlic, salt and pepper and tossed it in. - 08 Oct 2008
I served this cold. It was excellent. Would go well as a side dish or a meal with bread. My son hates cooked capsicums and enjoyed the raw capsicums. Very colourful!! Suggest you take liquids you will cook the chicken in and marinate chicken in it for at least 30-60 minutes before cooking - 08 Oct 2008
WOW! GREAT lunch salad! I make a batch of this, and it drives my colleagues crazy wondering where I got it! I was also amazed by how quickly it can be thrown together. All in all, great recipe. - 08 Oct 2008