Cherry Tomatoes Filled with Goats Cheese
Serves : 12
- 125g natural goats cheese
- handful fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 24 cherry tomatoes
Preparation:15min › Ready in:15min
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Mix with a fork until well blended.
- Halve each cherry tomato. Using a small spoon, carefully scoop out the pulp to make a hollow, yet sturdy, shell. Drain off any juice that may be in the tomato shells.
- Scoop about 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture and carefully stuff into a tomato shell. Repeat until tomatoes or cheese mixture is used up. Arrange the filled tomatoes on a serving platter.
Used different ingredients. I thought this was a great recipe! Well worth the time of hollowing out all those cherry tomatoes (I doubled the recipe). I used it for my boyfriend's art opening and people loved them! I did not use any salt and it was a good thing I did. It would have been way too salty otherwise. I also used a combination of feta and crumbled blue cheese for added flavour. - 29 Sep 2008
Really easy recipe. Can easily be doubled and is great at parties. You can fill the tomatoes with seasoned cream cheese too! - 29 Sep 2008
This ROCKS! These disappear so fast! We have a bumper crop of cherry tomatoes this year, so everyone gets to try these! - 29 Sep 2008