1 / 1 Picture by: chefchristabug
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 2 1/2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 65g butter
- 750g chicken pieces, with bones and skin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) water
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup sour cream
Preparation:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hour
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, 2 teaspoons of salt and 1/2 cup (125ml) of water. Gradually stir in 2 1/2 cups (250g) of flour to make a stiff batter. Using two spoons, scoop out some batter with one spoon and use the second to scrap off the spoonful of batter into the boiling water. Repeat until several dumplings are cooking. Cook dumplings for 10 minutes or until they float to the top; then lift from the water and drain in a colander or sieve. Rinse with warm water.
- In a large frypan over medium-high heat, melt butter then add chicken; cook until lightly browned, turning once. Add onion to frypan and cook 5 to 8 minutes more. Pour in 1 1/2 cups (375ml) of water, and season with paprika, salt and pepper; cook 10 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Remove chicken from frypan and keep warm.
- Stir 2 tablespoons of flour into sour cream; then slowly stir into the onion mixture remaining in the frypan. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly and cook until thickened.
- To serve, add dumplings to the sour cream/onion mixture then spoon onto dinner plates adding a piece of chicken.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!