1 / 1 Picture by: abapplez
Broccoli and Cheese Bake
- 8 cups fresh broccoli
- 125g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (285ml) milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups (450g) grated Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
Preparation:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Place broccoli in a steamer over 2cm of boiling water and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and add flour; cook until bubbly. Stir in onion and gradually add milk, stirring well. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and eggs; mix well. Combine mixture with broccoli and transfer to a 23x33cm casserole dish.
- Cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!