Banana and Sultana Cake
- 3 cups (375g) plain flour
- 2 cups (440g) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced bananas
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped walnuts
Preparation:15min › Cook:1hour30min › Ready in:1hour45min
- Measure flour, sugar, bicarb soda, cinnamon and salt and sift together.
- Dice bananas and add to dry ingredients with oil, vanilla, eggs, sultanas, water and nuts. Pour into a greased 25cm ring tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 1 1/2 hours or until done. Cool before removing.
excellent cake slice...yummo made it first time and double the amount of the ingrediants turned out great hubby loved it and so did work when i brought it in for biggest morning tea fun raise for cancer - 08 Jun 2013