Italian Lemon Butter Chicken with Bacon
- Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup (65ml) white wine
- 5 tablespoons (100ml) fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons thickened cream
- 250g butter, chilled
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Chicken and Pasta
- 250g farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/2 cm thickness
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40g butter
- 1/4 cup (30g) plain flour
- 1/2 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 120g bacon
- 170g mushrooms, sliced
- 170g artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Preparation:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- To make the sauce, pour the wine and lemon juice into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook at a low boil until the liquid is reduced by 1/3. Stir in cream and simmer until it thickens. Gradually add the butter 1 tablespoon (20g) at a time to the sauce, stirring until completely incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- To make the chicken, heat oil and 40g butter in a large frypan over medium heat. In a bowl, stir together flour, salt and pepper. Lightly coat chicken with flour mixture. Without crowding, carefully place chicken in hot oil. (If necessary, cook in batches.) Fry until cooked through and golden brown on both sides. Remove the chicken to paper towels. Stir the bacon, mushrooms, artichokes and capers into the oil; cook until the mushrooms are soft.
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-size strips and return them to the frypan. Stir half of the lemon butter sauce into the chicken mixture.
- To serve, place pasta in a large bowl. Stir the chicken mixture into the pasta. Taste and adjust seasonings. Stir in additional lemon butter sauce as desired. Toss well and garnish with parsley.
Delicious,I used sliced Fennel and Red Capsicum instead of Artichoke hearts and will make it again. - 30 Aug 2011
Great Recipe! Everyone loved it! - 12 Jun 2010