- 500g scallops
- 8 limes, juiced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 5 spring onions, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 1/2 fresh green capsicum, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 handful chopped fresh coriander
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation:20min › Ready in:20min
- Rinse scallops, pat dry, place in a medium sized bowl and pour lime juice over. The scallops should be completely immersed in the lime juice. Refrigerate scallops all day or overnight until scallops are opaque.
- Empty half of the lime juice from the bowl. Add tomatoes, spring onions, celery, capsicum, parsley, coriander, black pepper and olive oil to the scallop mixture. Stir gently. Serve in small glasses with a slice of lime garnish.
Used different ingredients. I prefer a little heat in my ceviche, so I added one diced green chilli. It was delicious! - 21 Jul 2008
Used different ingredients. Great recipe ! I substitute prawns for the Scallops and use a bit less parsley than what is called for. - 21 Jul 2008
Almost identical to the ceviche I used to order at one of my favourite restaurants! You can also substitute peeled & deveined prawns in place of the scallops or use a combination! I'm hooked on this quick & easy recipe - really impresses, as well! Thank you, Star! - 21 Jul 2008