Quick Carrot and Coriander Soup
Serves : 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/4 large onion, diced
- 4 cups (1 litre) vegetable stock
- large bunch of fresh coriander, de-stemmed and roughly chopped
Preparation:5min › Cook:15min › Extra time:5min cooling › Ready in:25min
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and saute the carrots and onion for a few minutes until the onion has softened a little.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and add the coriander. Bring to a boil and cook until the carrots are tender; about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Puree the soup until smooth using a hand-blender or food processor. Reheat before serving if necessary.
I made this for lunch and my kids ate it fine. I enjoyed it as well but next time I would either add more carrots or use less water to make it a bit thicker. Maybe add some squash. As well maybe play with some spices, I do like the fact that it doesn't call for salt. Overall it was fast and easy and I will probably make it again. - 29 Sep 2008
Considering how simple this soup is to make, I thought it was great. All I needed to add was salt and pepper. - 29 Sep 2008
I was a little worried that this would turn out watery it didn't. I used World's Greatest Vegetable stock from this site as a base and followed recipe exactly. My husband's friend said this was the best soup he's ever had. Will be making again thanks. - 29 Sep 2008