4 people made this
A great condiment with beef, chicken or even sausages
Makes: 5 cups (approximately)
1 tbspn salt
3 cups sugar
1 cup white wine vinegar
Extra time:1day Other ›
- Remove seeds of capsicums, discard seeds and chop the capsicum into 1/2cm pieces or alternatively put through chopper.
- Place chopped capsicum in a bowl with the salt, mix well then let it stand for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
- Drain capsicum thoroughly and rinse under cold water to remove all the salt.
- Put drained capsicum in saucepan with sugar and white wine vingegar, bring to boil then simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal.
Can also be served with cheese and biscuits.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate