Chocolate Chip Cornflake Cookies
Makes : 40 biscuits
- 250g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 1/4 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk or dark)
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 6 cup cornflakes (3 cups lightly crushed + 3 cups for rolling)
Preparation:20min › Cook:20min › Extra time:20min cooling › Ready in:1hour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (170 for fan forced) and heavily grease two large baking trays.
- Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy (aka light and creamy) then beat in the vanilla essence.
- Whisk the eggs then gradually add to butter mixture while keeping the electric mixer on high (avoid curdling by having the eggs at room temperature and adding to the butter mix gradually as it beats).
- Fold in the flour and continue to beat with the electric mixer until well combined.
- Lightly crush 3 cups of the cornflakes, then fold these into the mixture with the chocolate chips and sultanas using a wooden spoon, until evenly dispersed.
- Drop dessert spoon sized balls of the mixture into the remaining uncrushed cornflakes and roll until coated, then press lightly onto the baking tray.
- Bake in moderate preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until just golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the trays for 15-20mins before removing to wire racks (should be still warm when removing).
Something else. You can also use baking paper instead of heavily greasing the tray - my grandma swears by the greasing but they turn out just fine on baking paper and don't make as much mess - it's up to you. It usually depends how lazy I'm being as to whether I'll grease or line the trays... - 29 Mar 2010
Good recipe reminds me of a rock cake but softer a nicer. - 11 Sep 2010
Something else. Make sure you store them in an air tight container so they don't go too soft or stale! - 08 Apr 2010