1 / 1 Picture by: janam
Makes: 1 One tray
- 500g pasta elbows
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons Plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups tasty cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons tasty or Parmesan cheese
Preparation:30min › Cook:30min › Extra time:10min resting › Ready in:1hour10min
- Heat oven to 200 degrees. Coat a medium baking dish or six 10 - 12 ounce (350g-ish) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook 500g packet of elbow macaroni or your favorite pasta following package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- While the pasta cooks, combine 2 cups low-fat milk and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour in a medium size saucepan and whisk until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens slightly. Remove from heat and add 1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese, whisking until smooth. 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder, 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Stir cheese sauce into the cooked pasta. Spoon mixture into the prepared baking dish or ramekins.
- Sprinkle on top 2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes for large dish, 20 minutes for ramekins or until heated through. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!