- Combine thawed heart smart mince, breadcrumbs, egg, 1 tablespoon mixed herbs, Worcestershire sauce, sweet chilli sauce, tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, a pinch of salt and pepper, soy sauce and chilli flakes in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- When well combined, roll 2cm balls and place on plate.
- Begin sauce, dice a large onion.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until onion is transparent whilst preparing a pot of boiling water for pasta.
- Add 2 bottles of pasta sauce, can of tomatoes, salt and pepper, remaining 1 tablespoon herbs and sherry, stir well and allow to simmer.
- Whilst sauce is simmering and water is boiling, place meatballs into pan of hot oil, cook for around 5 minutes or until well cooked, edges should be just blackening.
- When water is boiling, add pasta, a few drops of oil and a pinch of salt, cook for 10 minutes.
- When pasta is cooked drain well and sit for a moment.
- When finished cooking meatballs, add them all to the pot of sauce, stir well.
- Pour all sauce and meatballs into drained pasta pot and mix with tongs for even coating.
- Serve onto all plates and garnish with fresh basil or parsley.
Share with an aged glass of red. Sauce can be frozen without the pasta, keeps frozen for up to 2 months roughly. Iif refrigerated, store for 2 days then discard.
To make less spicy, just don't add any sweet chilli or chilli flakes, it still makes a lovely meatball dinner.