1 / 1 Picture by:
Chicken and Pasta Salad
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon diced fresh basil
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups (300g) macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125ml) fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse grained mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (30g) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 avocados - peeled, stoned and sliced
- 1/2 cup (90g) cashews
Preparation:20min › Cook:15min › Extra time:1hour marinating › Ready in:1hour35min
- In a large bowl combine 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons plum sauce, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, sesame seeds and basil. Add chicken and turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse.
- Heat olive oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Allow to cool then cut into bite-size strips.
- In a large bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon tomato sauce and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce. Mix in cooked pasta, chicken and cheddar cheese. Gently stir in sliced avocado and cashews just before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!