Caramelised Soy Chicken Wings
- 1 1/2 kg chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preparation:15min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour15min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Place chicken in one layer in a baking dish. Mix together the oil, soy sauce, tomato sauce, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken.
- Roast for one hour, or until sauce is caramelised.
Something else. I followed some previous suggestions when using this recipe with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I cooked the sauce on the hob for about 15 minutes then put it on top of the chicken. 20 minutes at 200 and it turned out delicious. - 18 Jul 2008
So easy to make and very tasty. I think I goofed. I baked it with a foil cover, and the sauce remained liquid, but the chicken still tasted delicious, and it was so moist. Thanks for this recipe ! - 25 Sep 2010
Fantastic recipe, thank you Sandy. I used the sauce as a marinade all day on 8 large chicken drumsticks and then increased cooking time by 30 mins to 90 mins altogether. Tender and tasty, both hot and cold, and the recipe is being passed on by request to friends and family. - 18 May 2010