1 / 1 Picture by: AllrecipesPhotos
Indian Apricot Chicken
- 500g chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups (750ml) chicken stock, or as needed
- 1 cup (250g) apricot jam
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce
- For Serving
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preparation:15min › Cook:25min › Ready in:40min
- Season the chicken with garam masala, garlic powder, salt and pepper; set aside. Heat the olive oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook the onions in the hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken; cook and stir until the chicken pieces are no longer pink on the outside, about 5 minutes. Remove the mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Pour 1 cup of chicken stock into the pan and bring to a simmer. Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan; stir in the apricot jam and vinegar. Thin with the remaining chicken stock as needed to create a smooth sauce. Season to taste with the chilli sauce. Place chicken back in pan; simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Stir in lime zest and butter before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!