1 / 1 Picture by: barbarella
Chicken and Bacon Soup
Serves : 6
- 1 1/2 kg boneless, skinless chicken meat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 90g bacon rashers
- 4 tablespoons long grain white rice
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 carrots, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- half a bunch fresh parsley, chopped
Preparation:20min › Cook:1hour30min › Ready in:1hour50min
- Put the chicken, onion and stock ion a large pot. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Lift the chicken out onto a platter and set aside.
- Strain the stock through a sieve set over a bowl. Discard the solids, and skim off as much fat as possible from stock.
- Rinse out the saucepan, and fry the bacon over medium heat. Do not brown. Drain any excess fat.
- Return the stock to the saucepan with the bacon. Add the rice, tomatoes and carrots. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Simmer 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle, cut it into strips. Return the chicken to the soup and cook just long enough to heat through. Add the parsley and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!