Bacon, cheese and chive muffins
Serves : 12
- 6 bacon rashers
- 2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1½ tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 125g grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- ½ cup tinned creamy mushroom soup
- ½ cup vegetable oil
Preparation:20min › Cook:25min › Ready in:45min
- Place bacon in a large, deep frypan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Lightly grease a muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, chives, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon. Combine the egg, milk, cream of mushroom soup and vegetable oil. Mix into the dry ingredients and stir together just to moisten.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin tins and bake at 200 degrees C for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
This recipe is amazing!! I always have to make a double batch or I don't get any due to them being eaten so quickly. They are so nice hot but nicer once they have cooled as you can taste and enjoy the combination of flavours. And they still manage to be moist. My hats off to you for this wonderful snack!! - 12 Jun 2012
These absolutely lifted a simple and tasty soup. The leftovers I froze and took a couple to work each day with the left over soup and they were beautiful. Definitely would make again - 07 Aug 2012