Cajun Devilled Eggs
Serves : 12
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Preparation:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool and peel.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks and place in a medium bowl. Set aside egg whites. Mash egg yolks and mix with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt and black pepper.
- Fill the hollowed egg white halves with the yolk mixture. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper, adjusting the amount to taste. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Made it vegetarian. I never liked deviled eggs before this recipe - they are great - quick tip - put the yolk mixture in a ziplock bag - squeese the air out - seal and cut a corner off & use as a pastry bag - the eggs will look great!! - 29 Sep 2008
These were TERRIBLE! My husband is not a picky eater at all and he loves deviled eggs, but he only took one bite. We both thought these were just awful. Way too salty! - 29 Sep 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. Due to a previous review saying they were too salty, I reduced the salt by half. Still salty!! You might want to add a tad more mayonnaise also. Otherwise were good. - 29 Sep 2008