6 people made this
These cupcakes taste good by themselves or with just a simple butter icing. They are easy and quick to make and taste delicious when its still warm.
Makes: 10 cupcakes
125g softened butter
125g self raising flour
125g castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Sift the flour and the sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add the vanilla essence to the eggs and stir.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mix and pour the egg mixture into the well. Stir.
- Add in the butter and stir until smooth.
- Fill the cupcake wrappers until they are half full.
- Bake in the oven until they are golden brown; about 15 minutes.
- If you want to ice them leave them to cool in the oven with the oven door slightly open.
These cupcakes taste really good with cup of nice, warm milk. If you want to, throw in some chocolate chips and stir it in before you bake it.
very easy to make and tastes great!!
- 10 Nov 2012
Taste is good, but I found it didn't make 10 cupcakes as stated. The mix barely made 8. Also the mix was very thick and didn't rise evenly. Probably wouldn't use this recipe again
- 08 Sep 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate