Roasted Butternut Pumpkin Pizza
Serves : 4
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin - peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large ready-prepared pizza base
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino or parmesan
Preparation:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Place onion and pumpkin in a roasting tin. Add rosemary, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Toss to coat and roast for 20 minutes, or until onions are lightly browned and pumpkin is tender. Set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 230 degrees C. Distribute pumpkin mixture over the top of the pizza base and continue baking for 10 minutes or until the base is slightly browned and firm. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining olive oil. Slice and serve.
Something else. I combined this with the rocket,basil & goat chesse pizza recipe! Cooking off the pumpkin /onion first then adding it to the base with the cherry tomatoes (cut in half), i used Fetta Goats cheese also and a sprinkling of parmesan. Cooked in the oven for 10 minutes, until the fetta just commenced melting/browning. I tossed the rocket, basil & some sage leaves through balsamic in a bowl, then placed these over pizza and sprinkled extra parmesan over leaves. - 18 Aug 2009
Used different ingredients. This is very similar to a pizza I make quite often, the only changes being that when I roast the pumpkin is that I also add a little balsamic vinegar to the roasting pan. This helps the onions and squash caramelise beautifully. I have also in the past roasted different vegetables to go on the pizza... things like new asparagus, cherry tomatoes, zucchini or eggplant. Further to that after the vegetables are roasted I add Proscuitto to the pizza, as well as some goats cheese or feta (depending on what I have on hand)and a little parmesan or pecorino along with some mozzarella. Serve with a simple green salad of baby spinach leaves with a balsamic vinegarette - 29 Sep 2008
Refer to tweak, but combining this recipe and the Rocket, Basil & Goat chesse pizza, was very easy and a nice touch for a simple "gourmet" pizza! An addition of prosciutto strips is a nice touch also for those non vegetarians. - 18 Aug 2009