1 person made this
Warm and creamy Tex-Mex inspired Jalapeno Soup, ideal for cold grey days.
10 jalapeno chillies
6 cups stock
3 large onions
4 large cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon each ground coriander and cumin
1/2 cup sugar
4 heaped tablespoons cornflour
3 limes, (juiced)
1 large bunch coriander
160ml cream (or sour cream)
olive oil, for frying
salt, to taste
- Chop chillies, onions and garlic. Fry in oil with spices until softened.
- Add stock, simmer gently until veg are done. Blend to puree.
- Return soup to pot, add sugar, bring back to simmer.
- Blend cornflour and water to a thick cream, mix in 1 tablespoon hot soup, pour into pot, stirring all the time. Simmer until thickened.
- Blend coriander and lime juice until herb is pureed. Pour into soup, mix well in.
- Stir in cream adjust seasoning to taste.
A food processor can be used for the chopping.
If vegetable stock is used, this recipe is suitable for vegetarians.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate