1 / 1 Picture by:
- 40g butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp fresh dill - finely chopped
- 100ml cooking cream or fresh cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 egg - at room temperature
Preparation:5min › Cook:5min › Extra time:5min setting › Ready in:15min
- Melt butter over low heat in small saucepan/pot, when fully melted and just starting to bubble remove from heat
- Combine the flours then mix into melted butter with a fork to make a smooth paste
- Add the dill to the paste and combine well
- Add a quarter of the cream and whisk into paste until smooth, then gradually whisk in the remainder of the cream
- Whisk through lemon juice until sauce is smooth and combined well
- Add salt and pepper then return to low-med heat and stir constantly until heated through and starting to thicken
- Whisk the egg before adding to the sauce, then whisk egg through sauce until combined well and smooth
- Allow sauce to stand for 5 minutes before serving to allow for it to settle and thicken slightly
- Serve with Atlantic Salmon, other seafood or chicken. ENJOY!
You can omit the lemon juice and add 1/4 cup of white wine instead for a different flavour - it makes for a thinner sauce but is still delicious.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!