- 1 baguette, cut into slices
- 8 roma tomatoes, diced
- half a bunch fresh basil, chopped
- half a red onion, finely diced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
Preparation:10min › Cook:5min › Ready in:15min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C .
- Combine tomato, basil and red onion in a small mixing bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- Arrange bread on a baking tray and bake until well toasted; approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven and transfer to a large serving platter. Let bread cool 3 to 5 minutes. Rub garlic on each slice of toast. The toast should glisten with the garlic. Spoon the tomato mixture generously onto each slice and serve.
I made this to take with me to a dinner. It was served on cold, garlic rubbed, toasted bread, and it was really very good. I added a small amount of olive oil with half a clove of crushed garlic to the tomato and basil mix. - 02 Apr 2011
Used different ingredients. This was a good recipe. I made some modifications: use dried Italian seasoning instead of the fresh, added a splash of balsamic vinegar and added some salt and crushed chillies. The basic recipe just seems way too bland. Even with these modifications, I would probably make it stronger tasting next time. Overall, this is a great recipe...just needs some spice. Would definitely make it again. Enjoy! - 08 Oct 2008
We had it on a cold wintery day with some nice home made minestrone soup and it was BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for a great recipe. I drissled garlic infused E V olive oil on the bread as I was out of whole cloves and it was good substitute. - 01 May 2009